A busy year for Dr. McArthur outside of academia…
- Integrated Health Biosystems Chair – Combatting Antimicrobial Resistance in the Age of Molecular Epidemiology. Invited presentation at the Cisco Research Chairs Summit, Toronto.
- The Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database (CARD) and the Resistance Gene Identifier – prediction of antimicrobial resistance genes for genomic and metagenomic sequencing data. Invited presentation at the Integrated Rapid Infectious Disease Analysis (IRIDA) Annual General Meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- The Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database. Invited presentation at the Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada and Canadian Food Inspection Agency Genomics Research and Development Initiative: GRDI-AMR Annual General Meeting.
- Facilitator & Speaker, Artificial Intelligence: The Art of the Possible, Niagara Health Board of Directors Retreat (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario).
- Represented McMaster University at McMaster – Queen’s Park Government Reception, Gardiner Museum, Toronto.
- Represented McMaster University at Research Canada’s Health Research Caucus – Reshaping Health Research and Innovation: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario).
- Panellist – Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare, Norwegian Health Ministry & Government of Canada Round Table hosted by Hamilton Health Sciences (Hamilton, Ontario).
Andrew McArthur will be returning to academia in September 2014 to join McMaster University as the Cisco Chair in Bioinformatics and Associate Professor in the Department of Biochemistry & Biomedical Sciences in the Faculty of Health Sciences. Read more about the McMaster – Cisco collaboration at: McMaster and Cisco collaborate to further bioinformatics research and build institutional research cloud.