A busy year for Dr. McArthur outside of academia…
- Integrated Health Biosystems Chair – Combatting Antimicrobial Resistance in the Age of Molecular Epidemiology. Invited presentation at the Cisco Research Chairs Summit, Toronto.
- The Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database (CARD) and the Resistance Gene Identifier – prediction of antimicrobial resistance genes for genomic and metagenomic sequencing data. Invited presentation at the Integrated Rapid Infectious Disease Analysis (IRIDA) Annual General Meeting, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- The Comprehensive Antibiotic Resistance Database. Invited presentation at the Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada and Canadian Food Inspection Agency Genomics Research and Development Initiative: GRDI-AMR Annual General Meeting.
- Facilitator & Speaker, Artificial Intelligence: The Art of the Possible, Niagara Health Board of Directors Retreat (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario).
- Represented McMaster University at McMaster – Queen’s Park Government Reception, Gardiner Museum, Toronto.
- Represented McMaster University at Research Canada’s Health Research Caucus – Reshaping Health Research and Innovation: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Parliament Hill, Ottawa, Ontario).
- Panellist – Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare, Norwegian Health Ministry & Government of Canada Round Table hosted by Hamilton Health Sciences (Hamilton, Ontario).